Technology Makes It Possible
Troy Intersect uses Connexus®, a proprietary technology built specifically for online instruction in grades K-12, which allows us to bring the classroom to any student via an Internet connection.
Under the direction of our teachers, students access and complete coursework online, as well as submit some assignments via email. Students, teachers, and family members communicate through our own secure email system, on dedicated message boards, or by telephone. Our online grade book allows students and parents/guardians to track their progress at any time of day or night. Families can also monitor all students within the household easily from the system home page.
Quality Curriculum is KEY to Success
The curriculum used for Troy Intersect Virtual High School has been specifically designed for use in online instruction and time-tested for over a decade. Our curriculum is aligned to Michigan content standards and lays the groundwork for future academic success by:
- Building a solid foundation in reading, writing, and mathematics,
- Developing lifelong learners with analytical skills,
- Encouraging exploration, critical thinking, and problem solving.
Online Middle and High School Courses
Troy Intersect's online program* is a challenging, standards-based alternative to a brick-and-mortar school curriculum or a high school home school curriculum. We offer a wide variety of free online courses that provide a solid foundation for whatever path our graduates choose: attending college or starting a career. We combine the latest advancements in online instruction with the best curriculum resources.
- Core and Elective Courses: Our inclusive set of core courses cover subjects in math, science, language arts, and social studies. We also offer many elective courses in areas such as foreign languages, digital technology, journalism, and art history.
- Honors and AP® Courses: Our Honors/AP courses are particularly beneficial for college-bound students, or any ambitious student who wishes to demonstrate mastery in a specific subject area.
- College Courses: Students in certain states may be able to take college courses while still in high school, simultaneously earning high school and college credit.
- NCAA Approved Courses: Many Connections Academy core high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
LiveLesson informational video available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g2Dcr1rDL8&feature=youtu.be